To maximize the performance of the processor, read this article to learn how to download, install, and update the AMD CPU driver.
AMD was a pioneer in the development of processors and graphics cards. It produces some of the most durable processors that are easily able to manage all the resource-intensive and graphics-intensive tasks, like playing demanding video games. To avoid unfixable PC troubles, AMD CPUs must also update their drivers, just like every other computer component. As a result, this article covers updating the AMD CPU driver.
How to Download, Install, and Update the AMD CPU Driver
Below are the simple and straightforward methods to download, install, and update the AMD CPU driver, i.e., the motherboard chipset driver. For ease of understanding, we have put them under two headings.
Part I: Download and install AMD CPU Driver.
Below are the methods to download the AMD CPU driver and install it quickly without any hassles.
Method 1: Download AMD CPU Driver through the AMD Website
The official AMD website contains all drivers required to use the AMD products with ease. Below is how you can download the CPU driver from there.
- Go to the official website of AMD.
- Select the Drivers & Support option from the menu bar.
- Scroll down to the Select your product from the list section and choose Processors with graphics.
- Now, select the AMD processor series.
- Choose your processor from the list of processors displayed on the screen.
- Next, click on the Submit button.
- Click on the Drivers option.
- AMD auto detects your operating system. Click on the Download button to download the driver file on your computer.
- After the file is downloaded, unzip and open it, and be guided by the instructions coming up on your screen to install the updated AMD CPU driver.
Method 2: Use Device Manager to install the AMD CPU driver
To download, install, and update drivers, you can make use of Device Manager, i.e., a driver management tool that comes in Windows computers. Below is how to use it for installing the AMD CPU driver.
- Download the driver file as per the steps given in method1.
- After the file is downloaded, save it on your computer.
- Now, use the shortcut command Windows + R to call up the Run box.
- In the Run box, type the devmgmt.msc command and select OK.
- When the Device Manager becomes visible, click on Processors to view them.
- Right-click on the AMD CPU and select Update driver.
- Now, pick the second option, i.e., Browse my computer for driver software.
- Enter the location of the folder where the driver file is saved. Checkmark Include subfolders and click Browse.
- Now, you will be asked to select the folder containing the driver file. Choose the folder where the driver file is saved and click OK.
- Follow the on-screen directions to complete the installation of the AMD CPU driver.
Above, we have elucidated the methods to download and install the driver for your AMD processor. Now, let’s have a look at how to update the AMD CPU driver.
Part II: Update AMD CPU Driver on Windows 10, 8, 7
It becomes a cakewalk to update the AMD CPU driver, i.e., drivers for the motherboard chipset, if you do it in the best method. Therefore, we share methods to download and install the updated driver version below.
Method 1: Update AMD CPU Driver Manually
Manually updating the AMD CPU drivers requires computer skills, energy, effort, and a lot of time. Therefore, it is not the preferred method to update drivers. But you can give it a shot by implementing the below steps.
- Use the Run box to open Device Manager.
- After the Device Manager gets evoked, click the category of Processors to expand it.
- Right-click on the AMD CPU and choose Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Wait for Windows to search for the latest AMD CPU driver, download, and install it.
Method 2: Update AMD CPU driver automatically
You can automatically download, install, and update the AMD CPU driver without investing much time, energy, and effort. You are required to get Bit Driver Updater and follow a simple series of steps. This software downloads the missing drivers, fixes the corrupt ones and updates all the outdated drivers with a click. Moreover, it also improves the performance of your computer by making it smooth and fast. Below is how to use it.
- Download Bit Driver Updater and install it using this link.
- Allow it to run an automatic computer scan or initiate a manual scan by selecting the “Scan” option.
- Now, wait for two to three seconds until the scan results appear on the screen.
- Once you get the results, click “Update Now,” opposite the AMD CPU driver, to update it. Alternatively, you can select Update All to update all the drivers in one click. If you choose to update all the drivers in a single go, then you also get an option to back up and restore the drivers, increase the download speed of drivers, and more.
Above, we discussed how to update the AMD CPU driver automatically using Bit Driver Updater. Click on the link shared below to update the drivers and get the best computer performance.
Concluding Words To Update AMD CPU Driver
How can I update my AMD CPU driver? One of the most commonly asked issues, which we addressed in this article. Now, hopefully, downloading, installing, and updating AMD CPU drivers will be simple for you. Please leave any questions or confusion in the comments area if you have any. For more posts like these, make sure to follow this blog.