To avoid annoying issues you could face on your computer, download, install, and update the Arduino driver for Windows 10. To find out how to do it best, continue reading.
Arduino is the greatest option for anyone looking for a small but powerful broadband-compatible board. But, if the Arduino driver is not downloaded and installed, it might potentially cause you to experience annoyance.
Also, if the driver is old, you might experience a lot of unwanted issues. Thus, it’s essential to update the Arduino driver on Windows 10.
Therefore this post demonstrates the most effective techniques for downloading, installing, reinstalling, and updating the Arduino driver.
Methods to download Arduino driver, install and update it
Below are the different ways you can follow to download and install the Arduino driver’s updated version.
Method 1: Download the driver through Device Manager
You can download the Arduino driver, install, and update it manually using Device Manager. However, a certain level of technical knowledge is required to implement this method effectively. Here are the steps to get the driver this way.
- Using the Windows+X keyboard command, launch the Quick Access menu.
- Select Device Manager from the options that appear on your screen.
- Unfold the Other Devices category.
- Right-click Arduino and choose Update driver.
- Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Let Windows complete the driver download, installation, and update.
Note: If you downloaded the wrong driver earlier, then you can uninstall it and install the correct Arduino driver via Device Manager. Here is how to do it.
- Launch Device Manager.
- Expand the Other Devices.
- Right-click the Arduino driver and choose Uninstall device.
- Mark the Delete the driver software for this device option.
- Click on OK/Uninstall.
- After completing the uninstallation, restart the computer to reinstall the Arduino driver on Windows 10.
Method 2: Get the Arduino driver via the official website
The official website of Arduino is also among the top places to find the most compatible and reliable drivers. However, before proceeding further, you must follow the path Settings>System>About to know your computer’s operating system. After noting down the OS, follow these steps to get the updated Arduino driver download.
- Click here to navigate to the website of Arduino.
- Click on the Software tab.
- Now, choose Windows 10 and the newer option from the left panel.
- Click on the Just Download option.
- After the file is downloaded, click on it and follow the instructions to install the Arduino driver.
Method 3: Download and install the updated Arduino driver automatically
The ways shared above were manual. And, like every other manual method, they were exhausting (both in terms of time and effort). Therefore, we recommend automatic driver download, update, and installation.
You can download, install, and update drivers automatically with software like Bit Driver Updater. This software updates all the drivers with just a click and provides multiple benefits, such as driver backup and restore, driver download speed acceleration, etc. You can learn about its whole range of features and advantages through this detailed review.
Below is how to download the updated driver and install it with Bit Driver Updater
- Click on the below download link to get Bit Driver Updater’s setup file.
- Click on the downloaded file and install Bit Driver Updater.
- Let the software complete the automatic PC scan (it takes just a few seconds).
- Click on the Update All option to get all the flagged drivers updated.
If you wish to update just the Arduino driver, then click on the Update Now button present next to it to do that individually.
Successfully downloaded, installed, and updated Arduino driver
In this article, we covered how to download, install, and update the Arduino driver for Windows 10. Any of these approaches will help you finish the job.
To make things easier for you, we advise using Bit Driver Updater to download, install, and update drivers automatically. This program automatically updates drivers and resolves any driver-related issues.
If you are aware of any more effective ways to do the task, please share them in the comments area. Maintain a close eye on this blog for additional tech how-tos.