If you are here in search of methods to download, install and update the Canon PIXMA IP2770 printer driver, this is the right page.
Just as other connected hardware requires drivers for optimized performance Canon PIXMA IP2770 printer drivers must be kept up to date. With the latest drivers, you can resolve all printer related glitches and printing errors. The given manual explains how to download, install, and update Canon IP2770 driver on Windows 10.
So without any further ado let’s dive into the guide with the best possible ways for the Canon PIXMA IP2779 printer driver download and update.
How to Download Drivers for the Canon IP2770 Printer on Windows 10
There is a multitude of ways to download Canon PIXMA IP2770 printer driver for free on Windows 10. But, not all of them are the easiest. Therefore, here we share the non-cumbersome methods to download the original Canon IP 2770 drivers on your PC.
Method 1: Download the Canon PIXMA IP2770 Driver from Support
Perhaps, this is the simplest way to get the latest Canon printer drivers. All that you are required to do is, visit Cannon’s official website and then follow the steps below.
- First of all, you have to click on the Support tab.
- In the Support drop-down menu click Software & Drivers.
- Search for PIXMA IP2700 (or PIXMA IP2770), using the search box.
- Select the best matching result.
- Once the IP2700 (or IP2770) support windows open, click on the Drivers & Downloads option.
- After clicking on Drivers & Downloads, select the compatible operating system & language.
- Now, choose the Select button available in front of the apt driver.
- Download it by clicking on the Download option.
Once you complete all the above steps, you can install the Canon IP2770 (IP2700) printer driver that you have downloaded recently by just running it on your computer and following the instructions of the installation wizard.
Method 2: Update & Install the Canon IP2770 Driver Via Device Manager
Searching for the appropriate driver manually may consume a lot of time and effort. Hence, to save both of them, you can use the Windows Device Manager to update & install your Canon PIXMA IP2770 printer driver. Below are the steps that can help you in doing so.
- Search for the Device Manager via the Windows search box.
- Now, open the utility from the results.
- Select & expand the ‘Print Queues’ or ‘Printers’ category.
- Locate your Canon IP2770 printer in the category and right-click on it.
- Now download the latest version of the driver, or we can say update Canon IP2770 printer driver by selecting the Update device option.
- Instruct the Windows to find the driver update automatically by clicking on the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ option.
After following the above steps, monitor the operating system while it updates your printer driver. Just provide the required permissions so that it can download and install the Canon IP2770 printer driver successfully.
However, if you face any issue during the installation, then you can also use the Device Manager to re-install the Canon IP2770 printer driver. The procedure is quite similar to the above one. The only difference is that you do not have to select the Update device option, and instead of it, you have to click on the Uninstall device option. Then after uninstalling the device, reboot your system so that Windows can re-install the Canon IP2770 printer driver appropriately.
Method 3: Download & Update Canon IP2770 Driver Via Windows Update
If you found the above two methods to download, install, & update the Canon IP2770 printer driver as difficult, then here we have an easy alternative for you. With this one, you can get the latest driver updates for your PIXMA IP2770 printer quite effortlessly. Here are the steps that you have to follow for updating the driver for your Canon printer through the Windows Update.
- Use your mouse or touchpad and move the cursor to the Windows Start icon. Then, right-click on it.
- In the appeared menu, choose Settings.
- Then, you have to open the Update and Security settings.
- Now, use the Window Updates to check for available driver and software updates for your PC. For this, you have to click on the ‘Check for updates’ tab.
Now, let the operating system detect and download the appropriate updates for you. Your only task is to provide the required permissions to the Windows and monitor the entire process.
Method 4: Get & Install Canon Pixma IP2770 Printer Driver Using Its Software CD
Hardware manufacturers provide software CDs with the devices. So that users can install the required software and set up the PC peripheral correctly. You might have also got a CD along with the Canon Pixma IP 2770 printer. You can use it to install the essential IP 2770 printer driver and setup the device with your PC. Here is how you can do it.
- Power on your PC and turn on the Canon IP 2770 printer as well.
- Insert the CD into the CD/DVD drive of your PC.
- Run the installation wizard from the Autoplay dialog box. You can also access the CD/DVD drive to run it.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions and install the Canon IP 2770 printer software.
- After installation, connect the printer via a USB cable with your PC.
Note: Do not connect the printer with your PC before Step 5 (before installing the device software).
Method 5: Update Canon PIXMA IP2770 Printer Driver On Windows 10 Automatically
If all the above method seems tough or does not work for you, then here we’ve got another quick and simple way to download printer IP2770’s driver. As the printer drivers can be updated both manually using Windows in-built utility, i.e., Device Manager, and automatically through third-party applications.
Since the manual update is a tiring process, we suggest you update the drivers automatically. However, not every utility is the best free driver updating tool. Hence, we recommend Bit Driver Updater. It is among the topmost driver update utilities available currently. Moreover, it also elevates the PC’s performance and gives it a new lease of life. The tool also allows you to create and restore the driver backups so that you can re-install the Canon IP2770 printer driver or any other inappropriately installed drivers. Below are some of its other prominent features.
- Snappily scans outdated, missing, and faulty drivers
- Updates the drivers in a fraction of second
- It has multilingual support
- The tool also supports all the latest versions of Windows
- It downloads only authenticated and WHQL certified drivers.
These were only the central features of Bit Driver Updater. Many others can also be added to them. Thus, update your Canon printer’s drivers using this fantastic tool and get rid of all the printing and other errors.
Below is the guide to use Bit Driver Updater for updating the Windows drivers.
- Download the Bit Driver Updater application on your system.
- Now install and run the Bit Driver Updater application.
- Start the driver scan by selecting the Scan option.
- After a few moments, the scan will get complete. Now, you have to locate the Canon IP2770 driver or any other driver that you want to repair in the list of faulty drivers provided after the scan.
- Once you locate them, update them by click on the ‘Update Now’ option.
Frequently Asked Questions
To make the post more helpful, here we are going to answer some of the frequently asked questions about the Canon PIXMA IP2770 printer.
Q1. Does Canon PIXMA IP2770 have a scanner?
Yes, Canon PIXMA IP2770 has a scanner as well. It is a multi-tasking printer and carries out both printing and scanning tasks smoothly. Canon PIXMA IP2770 scans with an amount of 19 papers per minute.
Q2. Is Canon PIXMA IP2770 wireless?
Yes, Canon PIXMA IP2770 is a wireless printer. One can set up the multi-functional printer without connecting it with any cables with the PC. Make sure the network and network adapter drivers of your PC are up to date. If there is any issue with them, then you can use Bit Driver Updater to fix it.
Q3. How do I download Canon IP2770 driver without CD?
It is not necessary to have a driver installation CD for downloading Canon IP2770 drivers & software and setting up the printer on Windows PC. Canon offers the latest drivers and software on its website. Hence, you can download them from there whenever needed. And if you find it tiresome to search and download drivers & other required software manually for the Canon IP2770 printer, then you can use Bit Driver Updater for the task. It helps to get the latest device drivers without requiring much effort.
Conclusion: The Best Way To Download & Update Canon IP2770 Driver
We hope that the above guide helped you with Canon IP2770 driver download, install, and update. The aforementioned methods will help you get over the printer driver issues on your device. However, our recommendation is to use the automatic driver updater tool Bit Driver Updater. This will enable users to download all the system drivers with just one click.
Before you leave, do let us know if you have any suggestions or recommendations. Also, make sure you subscribe to our blog to never miss an update. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter for regular tech updates and news.