This article is the guide that you need for how to connect the HP printer to WiFi.
When we used to talk about printers, our thoughts would picture a device that was wired heavily to the computer. That is, of course, history now. These days, we may connect to WiFi easily using wireless printers. Additionally, HP was a pioneer in the development of wireless printers. You may print with any device and from any location with reliable HP printers. But setting up the HP printer to connect to WiFi can be a little challenging for a novice user. We’ll assume that since you found this post, you were also perplexed and looking for instructions on how to connect the HP printer to WiFi.
You will get all of your questions answered now that you have found this post. Here, we’ll go through how to set up WiFi on an HP printer step-by-step (with illustrations). Without further ado, let’s see how to connect an HP printer to a PC wirelessly.
How to Connect the HP printer to WiFi
Below is how to connect the HP printer to WiFi in the easiest possible way.
Method 1: Use the Wireless Setup Wizard
If you are searching for how to connect an HP printer to WiFi and if the printer has a touchscreen display, then you can use the Wireless Setup Wizard to connect the printing machine. Here are the steps to do the same.
- Power on the printer.
- Remove the Ethernet or USB cable from the printer.
- Select the “wireless icon” or “Network” option on the printer’s control panel.
- Select “Wireless Setup Wizard” from the “Wireless Settings” menu.
- Find your network, enter the WEP or WPA key, often known as the password, and then click “OK.”
Note: In case your network is not already listed, you need to add it manually. To add the network, you must know your network credentials, i.e., name and password. You can find the same either on the label present on your wireless router or in the documentation that you received with the router.
Method 2: Use HP Auto Wireless Connect
If you do not know and cannot find out the network credentials, then you can make use of HP Auto Wireless Connect to establish the WiFi connection automatically. Below is how to connect an HP printer to the computer using HP Auto Wireless Connect.
- Go to the HP website.
- Click on the “Support” option and select “Software & drivers” from the drop-down list.
- Select “Printer” when the next screen comes up.
- Enter the name of your printer model in the designated box and click on “Submit.” You can find the printer name on the machine itself.
- Click on “Download” to download the installation software for your printer.
- Be guided by the on-screen directions to install the printer installation software.
- After the installation is done, turn on the printer.
- Run the installation software that you have installed in the previous steps.
- Select “Wireless” as your network connection type and click on “Next.”
- Now, choose “Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer (recommended).”
- After the printer connects to the computer, click on “Finish.”
Also know: Best Wi-Fi Extenders
If WPS, i.e., Wi-Fi Protected Setup, is supported on both your router and printer, then you can use it to connect the printer. Here is how to connect the HP printer to WiFi using the WPS push button.
- On your printer, look for the WPS push button and press it. From the control panel on touchscreen printers, start the push button mode. Then select “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” under “Wireless.” To complete the setup, adhere to the on-screen instructions. After the procedure is finished, select the “WPS button.” After that, when prompted, press the WPS push button on the router.
- Within 2 minutes of pressing the WPS button on your printer, press the WPS button on your router.
- If prompted, then get the required pin from Wi-Fi Protected Setup and enter it.
Method 4: Use Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct
You can print from your HP printer using Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct. The major difference between these two features is that with Wi-Fi Direct, you can stay connected to the internet, whereas HP Wireless Direct does not support an internet connection. Below is how to connect the HP printer to the computer using Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct.
- Go to your printer’s control panel.
- Tap on the HP wireless direct icon or go to the Network Setup/Wireless Settings option, and choose “Wireless Direct.”
- Set the connection to on and connect to it as you connect to all the other networks.
- Enter the required password.
- Open any document on your computer and choose “File.” And click on “Print.”
- To print on mobile devices, simply tap on the “Print” option.
Final Takeaway To How to connect HP printer to WiFi
We addressed one of the most often asked questions by readers in this article, “How to connect my HP printer to WiFi.” Hopefully, you can now easily print from any device and from anywhere. Before you go, though, we advise you to update your Hp printer wifi driver for a trouble-free printing experience. Using Bit Driver Updater, you may accomplish this automatically. This software improves the computer’s performance while simultaneously updating the drivers. It’s time for us to say goodbye right now. We’ll be back shortly with another tech guide.