With everyday advancements in technology, the ratio of fraud risk has increased considerably, and the impact of these frauds has increased when the world faced a gigantic COVID-19 pandemic when everything went online.
The pandemic led to opportunities for many scammers and globally there was a huge rise in crimes in real times. Back in the pandemic year, there was an analysis of 40% of businesses becoming the victims of the attacks. This affected the e-commerce market as well along with all the banking systems across the world.
To ensure the security and protection of businesses, KYB checking methods have been introduced which help the business market and banking systems to secure their means from getting hacked or damaged.
What is KYB?
The KYB refers to the term Know Your Business. This term is efficiently used in the business world. It is necessary to have a record of the business or client with whom the company is working to ensure security and avoid false or irrelevant attempts. KYB has been a critical part of the organization for a while now. It is the procedure of collecting and identifying the authenticity of a client to comply with the regulation of Anti-Money Laundering.
Why is KYB Checks Necessary?
In any banking network, security features remain the priority to ensure the client’s trust and safety, therefore while connecting with anybody in the business world it is essential to make sure that the working body is authentic and verified. KYB check methods are introduced to encounter such situations:
- Any fraud that can be caused in any UBO banking sector can be reduced with the implementation of KYB check method.
- KYB check process will help in the reduction of criminals’ usage or access to the business which can cause harm to any confidential means including money laundering.
- KYB checks play a major part in building relationships in business to business partnerships
- With the help of KYB check method, there is a high chance of conversion increase in the business
- KYB helps make a positive impact in the business world along with making a trust level in the KYB banking business.
KYB Verification Process
KYB banking system has enabled the KYB verification process to make sure the security and credibility are not compromised. The KYB verification method is a five-step easy procedure using advanced AI technology:
- Collect the authentic data from the party
- Verify the business
- Identify the business owner
- Maintain a proper record of the information provided
- Analyze the risk on regular grounds.
3 Minor Barriers Faced in the KYB Banking Business Process
Although the KYB process has been the easiest and most transparent process, the method may encounter small challenges, including:
- Data handling manually causes workload
- Having alternations to collect the information with the consumers
- Numerous dealers deal with different parts of the method
KYB process has now become automated, reducing manual work and giving an easy gateway for efficient working. Know Your Business (KYB) has come up with a number of solutions to secure the credentials and information, here are a few quick KYB solutions introduced:
- Collect the business information, which includes the management profiles, details of registration, analysis of financial functioning, business history, and ownership of the business.
- Verify the businesses held previously, which includes real-time searches, automated as well as manual identification, verification of documentation and information.
- Making a strong risk analysis based on profiling, credit scoring, and financial histories
- Identifying the authenticity of UBOs by analyzing, corporate screening, and unveiling the records as well as the structures of the ownership held previously.
- Sustained KYB with the facility of updations regarding registration and ownership as well as receiving high-priority alerts.
- Authentic data and ultimate beneficial owners information in centralized reporting format having a properly accessible business history filled up.
KYB banking process has become easier and more efficient with the correct implementation of the methods. The KYB check method is not only applicable in the banking sector but has also targeted the trading, crypto, e-commerce, insurance, and other part of the industries where the business has been carried out. The KYB process has ensured the prevention of risk alerts and false threats while providing a secure and protected business flow. Furthermore, working on the automated KYB system has created a smooth flow reducing the human workload and error-free work environment.