We live in the digital era where professional meetings or even concerts are moved to online platforms. Have you ever imagined how frustrating it would be if you have a work call and the speaker icon on your system tray displays no audio output device installed error? Or you purchased tickets for an online show but the error audio device not found Windows 10 is stopping you?
These errors are annoying. But a number of users lately reported the Windows 10 no audio devices are installed issue. Although there can be several issues that can lead to the audio problem, given below are the most common ones
- Pending update on Windows
- Playback device is disabled
- Pending updates on Audio Drivers
- Corrupted or missing audio drivers
- Wireless device is not paired
- Playback device connected to the wrong port
If you are one of them don’t panic we got it covered for you. The guide below has solutions to all your problems. Move on to the next section to know how to fix No audio output device is installed Windows 10, 11, or older version error.
How To Fix No Audio Output Device is Installed Windows 10, 11, 8, or 7 Error?
As there are a number of possibilities it can be difficult to identify the exact reason behind no audio output device is installed error for your device. Before applying the solutions the first thing to be done is to Restart your device. If the restart didn’t help, try the following fixes one at a time until the problem is fixed and your audio device is working again.
Solution 1: Invoke Audio Troubleshooter
Windows in built troubleshooters can identify and resolve the no audio output device is installed Windows 10 error. Here is how to invoke it on your PC.
- On the system tray, click right on the icon for the speaker.
- Click on the option Troubleshoot sound problem
- Choose the audio device that needs to be checked. Sit back and relax till your system identifies and fixes the problem.
Apply the suggestions (if any) made by the troubleshooter and as the changes complete check the audio device. If the No audio output device is installed error is still displayed, move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Reconnect Output Audio Device
If the audio device is connected externally, detach it from your PC. Wait for a few minutes Restart your computer and reconnect it again. Check if the No audio output device is installed Windows 11 or 10 error is fixed.
If the audio device not found Windows 10 or 11 issue is intact try further fixes.
Solution 3: Update Audio Drivers
To keep your device free from Audio issues you must download the latest audio drivers update. In case the audio drivers are missing or outdated the No audio output device is installed error is displayed. Therefore, download the driver update either manually or automatically through the driver updater software.
For manual audio driver updates visit the official website of the manufacturer. Find the compatible driver for your device and download them. Install the drivers manually with the help of instructions.
However, if you are a naive user and do not have enough time to download drivers manually, it can be tough to find the right drivers. Therefore it is recommended to switch to software that can automate all your driver updates.
The Bit Driver Updater is one of the most reliable tools for automatic updates. It can quickly scan your device and offer driver updates. Along with this it also enables the scheduling of these driver updates. Moreover, all your relevant driver data is backed up and can be restored whenever desired.
Use the Pro version of the software to download driver updates with one click. Also, it has around the clock support assistance to answer all your queries. Switch to Bit Driver Updater Pro with complete money back guarantee for up to 60 days.
Download Bit Driver Updater
Click on the download link below to load the latest version of the software. Double click on the downloaded executable file and apply the on screen instructions to install it on your Windows 11, 10, 8, or 7 devices.
Automatically Update Audio Drivers via Bit Driver Updater
Apply the given steps to update the audio driver automatically and fix the no audio output device is installed Windows 10, 11 error.
- Launch the tool and press the Scan Now option to identify driver updates.
- From the list press the Update button next to the Audio drivers. In addition, download all the driver updates with the Update All option to improve the overall performance of your PC.
Note: Update All option is available only for the Bit Driver Updater Pro version.
- Install the Audio driver update and Restart your device to apply the latest update.
Check if the audio driver update could fix the No audio output device is installed Windows 11 or 10 error. If the issue remains, try the next alternative method to resolve it.
Solution 4: Uninstall your Audio Driver
If the latest driver update didn’t help in fixing the no audio output device is installed Windows 8, 7, 10, or 11 devices error uninstall the audio driver. Here is how it can be done
- Open Device Manager and expand the category for Sound video and game controllers.
- Under the category locate the audio driver and right click on it. Choose the Uninstall Device option.
- Confirm the Uninstall in the next window that pops up.
Restart your device to apply the changes. Now check if the Windows 10 no audio output device is installed error is fixed. In case the problem remains, try the next fix.
Solution 5: Download Pending Windows Update
Windows updates can fix so many temporary bugs and improve the working of your device. The latest windows update can also address the error no audio output device is installed. Here is how to check if there are any pending updates and download them instantly.
- Open Settings on your device ( Windows and I keys)
- Press Update and Security. Move to Windows update tab.
- Click on the Check for updates option.
- Wait till your device scans and identifies any pending updates on the device.
If the updates are available Windows will download them automatically.
Restart your system and check if the Windows update could fix the audio problem. If the error No audio output device is installed still displayed on your system tray proceed with further fixes.
Solution 6: Identify hardware issues (If Any)
Many users were able to fix the No audio output device is installed error after the hardware issues were addressed. If the output device of your PC is not connected properly the audio errors can come up. Check the wires and if the device is wireless check the connections.
If the issue of audio device not found Windows 10 is not fixed, move ahead with further methods.
Solution 7: Fix Audio Issue with Add Legacy Hardware
If none of the above issues helped in fixing the No audio output device is installed error, try the legacy hardware option. Here is how to fix an audio device not found Windows 10 error.
- Open the Run dialog with Windows and R keys. Type devmgmt.msc and click on OK to open the Device Manager.
- Double click on Sound, video, & game controllers to expand the category.
- Click on the Action tab on top right corner of the Device Manager windows. Choose the Add legacy hardware option.
- Confirm the Hardware wizard check with the help of the Next option in the window that follows.
- Choose the option for Automatic search for hardware and click on the Next option to proceed.
- Click on Next on the next pop up window. Further in the next pop up scroll and choose the sound video and game controllers category.
- On consecutive screen, select manufacturer and the model number of your device. Click on Next and then on Finish.
- Open Device Manager and Enable the audio device by right-clicking on it.
Now check if the No audio output device is installed Windows 11 error is fixed.
No Audio Output Device is installed Windows 10, 11: FIXED
We hope our list of solutions was capable of fixing the no audio output device is installed Windows 11 or 10 error. We recommend readers follow the pattern of fixes to avoid spending extra time and effort. Also, First thing first, update the audio drivers of your Windows device. Download the Bit Driver updater to update audio or other drivers automatically.
Do let us know which hack helped you fix the audio device not found Windows error. Also, if we missed anything let us know in the comments section. Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter to never miss an update. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter to keep track of all the technical updates.