Continue reading to learn the most effective solutions to the PCI Simple Communication Controller driver error.
However, if you are unsure of what a PCI Simple Communication Controller driver error is or how to resolve it? If that is the case, you are in the right place. You will learn more about this problem from this article, which will also make it easier for you to solve it.
So, let’s start by defining what the PCI Simple Communication Controller actually means. However, if you need to know the best solution right away, a brief overview of it can be found below.
What is the PCI Simple Communications Controller
In simple terms, PCI, or Peripheral Component Interconnect, means an industry-standard bus that attaches peripheral devices such as network cards to your computer. You get the PCI Simple Communication Controller driver error if the drivers for the attached device are either wrongly installed or not installed at all.
Coming to the fixes for this error is not a tough task. In this below segment, we share some simple ways to get rid of the PCI Simple Communications Controller error in no time.
Fixes for the PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver Error
Below, we share the fixes you need to resolve the PCI Simple Controller driver error. Try them one by one till you find the one that works for you the best.
Fix 1: Update Driver via Hardware ID
Every hardware has a unique id that you can use for PCI Simple Communication Controller driver downloads on Windows 7 and 10. This resolves the annoying error that you are facing. Thus, implement the below steps to do it.
- In Windows’s search box, type “Device Manager” and open the topmost result that comes on the screen.
- Once Device Manager opens, expand the “Other devices” section and right-click “PCI Simple Communication Controller”.
- Choose “Properties” from the menu that appears.
- Move to the “Details” tab and choose “Hardware ids”.
- Copy the longest hardware id.
- In your browser, paste the hardware id that you copied in the previous step.
- Open a search engine, for instance, Google, and type the hardware id, driver, and OS version to get the required drivers.
- Visit the first link that the search engine shows and complete the PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver download.
Fix 2: Update the Intel Management Engine drivers
Unupdated or missing Intel Management Engine drivers are also the prime reasons for which you get the PCI Simple Communication Controller driver error. Thus, updating the Intel Management Engine drivers can resolve this issue. Below is how to do it.
- Visit Here
- In the search box, type “Intel Management Engine” and select it from the results.
- Choose your operating system.
- On the next screen, click on the driver to install it on your PC.
After the driver download is complete, you won’t see the PCI Simple Communications Controller driver. But, if it crosses your way again, then try the below-mentioned fixes.
Fix 3: Try PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver Download via Device Manager
Device Manager is the go-to place in Windows for resolving driver-related issues. Thus, you can try downloading the drivers for the PCI device via Device Manager and resolve the issue. Implement the steps mentioned below to do it.
- Open “Device Manager” and expand the “Other devices” segment.
- Right-click “PCI Simple Communications Controller” and choose “Properties”.
- After the Properties window appears, click on “Update Driver”.
- Now, select “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
On completion of the above steps, Windows finds and installs the required drivers on your device. But, if Windows fails to do so or you still get the PCI Simple Communication Controller driver error, then below is the best fix to get rid of it.
Fix 4: Use Bit Driver Updater to Update Drivers
A driver update has a direct connection with the way your PC performs. If you keep the drivers updated at all times, then your PC performs like a brand-spanking new model, otherwise, you may get numerous errors, such as the PCI Simple Communications Controller driver error. Therefore, you need to always have up-to-date PCI device drivers. You can update drivers both manually as well as automatically through the best driver updater, i.e., Bit Driver Updater. We do not recommend a manual driver update as it requires you to have a few technical skills and a lot of time. Whereas, automatic driver update via Bit Driver Updater helps you get rid of outdated drivers in no time.
Bit Driver Updater is equipped with core features that make your PC an advanced system.
- Keeps your Windows performance to a high level.
- Offers quick access to all the most recent drivers and saves users much time & effort.
- Lets you update & install drivers instantly in just a single click.
- Available 24/7 hours at your service for your assistance.
- The complete scan engine checks the driver’s status accurately and then goes to further processing accordingly.
- In case, any sort of mishappening occurs then in that event it also provides a complete Backup & restore facility.
Below is how to use this amazing utility for updating the PCI device drivers.
- Download Bit Driver Updater.
- Install and launch it.
- Click on “Scan” to find all the outdated, missing, and corrupt drivers on your device.
- After the scan results are displayed, click on “Update Now” to update the PCI driver. If you want to update all the drivers in a single tap, then select “Update All”.
Completing the above steps not only resolves the PCI Simple Communications Controller driver error but also makes your PC’s performance smoother than ever. Thus, without any doubt in your mind, hit the download button below and fix all the PC issues with Bit Driver Updater.
Solved: PCI Simple Communication Controller Driver Error
This article taught us how to fix the PCI Simple Communication Controller driver error. According to us, updating drivers is the best way to resolve both this and a variety of other PC problems. Additionally, the performance of the PC is significantly improved by updated drivers. Last but not least, before you go, it would be great if you share your thoughts with us in the comments section and subscribe to our blog for more of these solutions to annoyances in technology.