Are you unsure about how to open RAR files? Then read on to know the best RAR extractor software to do it effortlessly.
In the past, sharing large-size files was always a problematic task for users. Then, the file compressor tools came to their rescue. These programs reduce the file size for effortless storage and sharing. However, this solution has brought another problem. Now, the issue is how to open the compressed files. Well, we have got a simple fix for this problem. You may simply use the best RAR file extractor software to open all the compressed files with ease.
The best RAR extractor software lets you extract a zipped file’s contents and view them without any hassles. Since the marketplace has a plethora of free RAR file opener and extractor utilities, picking the perfect one is a confusing task.
Therefore, through this post, we enlist the truly best tools to open RAR files for our readers.
The Best RAR File Extractor Software 2022
Below are the best RAR extractor software tools that make it easy as pie for you to open all kinds of zipped files.
Compatibility: Windows 95 and above
ExtractNow is another top software you can use to open RAR files on Windows computers. The best thing about this program is that it does not hog up the PC resources and is extremely lightweight. Apart from this, it boasts a multitude of features that make it one of our recommendations. Let’s talk about them below.
Highlights of ExtractNow
- You can search through folders for archives.
- There are password lists that you can use to find the correct password for a zip file.
- It monitors directories for archives and extracts them automatically.
- ExtractNow allows the exclusion of the list of files to be extracted.
- It supports multiple languages and advanced customizations.
Compatibility: Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10
If you are looking for a free RAR extractor for Windows with a bunch of features, IZArc can be the perfect choice for you. Along with support for a vast range of file formats, it also provides many other useful features, like scanning archives for viruses and more. Below we discuss all its unique offerings.
Highlights of IZArc
- You can drag and drop files from IZArc to other apps or Windows Explorer to extract them into a particular directory.
- It allows you to add files to an already existing archive.
- You can test an archive file.
- IZArc repairs the broken archives.
- It supports disc spanning.
- With this software, you can add comments to the archives.
- It lets you encrypt the zip files and create multi-volume archives.
3. The Unarchiver
Compatibility: macOS 10.7 or above
Next, we have The Unarchiver on our list of the best free RAR extractors for Mac. What makes it particularly good is its smooth and easily understandable interface. Moreover, it supports a wide range of formats that most of the other tools shared in this post. Let’s now have a look at its top features.
Highlights of The Unarchiver
- It even reads non-Latin, i.e., foreign characters.
- The Unarchiver supports even the most rarely used file formats like Deb, XAR, and more.
4. ZIP Extractor
Compatibility: Windows 10
Highlights of ZIP Extractor
- With ZIP Extractor, you can open password-protected files.
- It supports multiple formats like ZIP, RAR, 7-Zip (*.7z), TAR, GZIP (*.gz), BZIP2 (*.bz2), and more.
- ZIP Extractor performs all compression and decompression tasks in your web browser directly.
5. B1 Free Archiver
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
Mac OS X 10.11, Mac OS X 10.9, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.10, Mac OS X 10.8, Mac OS X 10.7
If you are looking for the best free file extractors with support for kind of uncommon formats like B1, then consider B1 free archiver. It supports quite a lot of formats including but not limited to RAR, ZIPX, JAR, and more. Apart from this, below are the other features of this software that we found fascinating.
Highlights of B1 Free Archiver
- This software comes with AES 256 bit encryption to protect your data.
- With this program, you can split large archives into smaller ones.
- It supports over 20 popular file formats.
Compatibility: Windows Vista, 7, 8.1, 10
Here comes yet another program to zipping & unzipping the archives. It is open-source software that works on multiple platforms and supports more than 200 archive formats. Below are the most attractive features of PeaZip that make it one of the best software to open RAR files.
Highlights Of PeaZip
- This one of the best free zip programs, also comes in a portable version needing no installation.
- There is a powerful file manager to edit, view, browse, and search for archive files.
- It employs strong encryption systems like AES, Twofish, Serpent to keep your data secure.
- PeaZip also boasts additional security features such as an encrypted password manager and two-factor authentication.
- There is a file shredding tool to securely delete files and folders.
Compatibility: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later
Free Version: Available
Here comes decent software to extract and open RAR files. It is a utility to compress, decompress as well as edit the files. In addition to this, it supports multiple file formats such as ACE, AES, ARZ, and more. Moreover, below are the other features of this incredible utility.
Highlights of Bandizip
- It has AES 256 encryption to ensure that your files remain secure.
- With this software, you can even compress files greater than 4 GB.
- Hosts a drag and drop feature to help you easily extract the files.
- Compresses files faster with multicore.
- It analyzes and repairs corrupted zip archives.
- There is a password manager to manage the passwords of archives.
- You can view an image thumbnail without decompressing the archive.
- It comes with an in-built tool to recover the lost archive passwords.
8. 7 Zip
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
This entrant on our list is also among the best RAR file extractor software for Windows 10. With this utility, you can open various file types such as ZIP and CAB. It also functions as a file compressor and lets you compress files like TAR and WIM. Apart from this, below are its other highlighting features.
Highlights of 7 Zip
- Hosts high-grade AES-256 encryption to ensure file security.
- It supports files up to 16000000000 GB in size.
- Employs methods such as PPMD, LZMA, and more to compress the files.
- Its compression ratio is much better than the other similar utilities.
- It boasts a power-packed file manager and command-line interface.
9. Ultra Opener
Compatibility: Windows 7, 8, 10
This is one of the best free RAR openers and extractor utilities. Along with RAR files, it also supports other file formats such as ZIP, TAR, CAB, 7-ZIP, etc. It is not all and this software offers many other essential features. Let’s look at the prominent ones below.
Highlights of Ultra Opener
- It boasts a beautiful and easy to use title based interface.
- This software offers support for extracting from over 30 popular formats.
- It supports AES 256 bit encryption.
- There is a preview option to view files before extracting them.
- With this software, you can create powerful self-extracting archives.
- Ashampoo ZIP Free also repairs the broken ZIP files.
- You can use it to split the ZIP files into multiple volumes.
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7
Mac OS X 10.6 or later
Free Version: 40-day free trial available
This is among the best tools to open RAR files that you can also use to compress the files. It supports all file formats such as ZIP, CAB, and ARJ. Here are the prominent highlights of this easy-to-use and intuitive software.
Highlights of WinRAR
- There are 128 and 256 AES encryption to keep the security of your files intact.
- It encompasses an antivirus to prevent viruses and other threats from harming your files.
- With this software, you can open, create, and edit all kinds of files including multimedia.
- It supports a wide variety of file formats.
- You get a wizard to zipping and unzipping files, compress, and scan them for viruses effortlessly.
Compatibility: Windows 7,8,10
Mac OS X 10.6.X or later
Free version: 21-day free trial available
This is among the best file compression software in the marketplace. It also doubles up as a utility to open various zipped files. With this tool, you can extract all kinds of files such as RAR, CAB, ISO, and more. Further, it hosts one of the simplest interfaces. Let’s have a look at its highlighting features.
Highlights of WinZip
- Employs 128 and 256-bit key encryptions to keep the files secure.
- With this best RAR file extractor software, you can open all major zipped files.
- This app helps you manage files on every platform.
- There is cloud support.
- It lets you manage and split files easily.
Concluding the Best RAR File Extractor Software
Above we discussed the best RAR file extractor software to open compressed software. You can download and use any of them. However, if you are confused and need recommendations, then we would recommend WinZip and WinRAR for their incredible set of features. Lastly, before you hit that arrow to go back, don’t forget to comment and let us know your views about this article.