If you are looking for some of the best web browsers for Mac & iOS devices then check out the complete article for ease.
Safari is the default browser integrated with every Apple device. However, do you know that this is not the only browser available for such devices? As internet users, we use a browser to surf the internet. Safari browser is quite effective in what it does but is not the only one out there. This article contains a list of different browsers for Mac and iOS devices that provide different and, at times, better features than the Safari browser. So, check out the list of browsers below for further information.
Which one is the Best & Fastest Web Browser for Mac & iOS ?
Every user has specific requirements. For example, some need many features, others prefer a simple browser that is easy to use, and again others seek for high security and privacy protection. And of course, the best browser for Mac has to show excellent performance – nobody enjoys waiting.
The default browser for Mac is one of the fastest. It also has many great features. We enlist the central ones out of them below.
- Equipped with an article reader for a reading experience without any distractions
- Hosts an address field that knows autocompletion
- Comes with a bunch of extensions.
- Covered by several privacy mechanisms
- Offers synchronization of many elements of your browsing experience to iCloud.
Safari has a plethora of features and pros but it also has a worth-mentioning downside. We share the same below.
- It does not support Chromecast or plugins.
Your search for an efficient browser that is compatible with all your Apple devices, neat, and easy-to-use? Then you can stick to Safari as long as you don’t attach importance to Chromecast support or plugins aside from the supported third-party ones.
When it comes to worries about security and privacy protection Firefox makes you sleep easy at night. It blocks cybercriminals and malicious websites and weak points are quickly closed by updates. Let’s talk about some of its features.
- Privacy control settings or a master password for protecting your data
- Firefox does not sell data to third parties
- Customization options to give it a nice look
- Huge library of add-ons to extend the browser functions as per your needs
- Opens web pages directly with the iOS barcode scanner.
However, it also has a noteworthy downside. Here it is.
- Firefox is resource hungry.
The above shortcoming is the reason why it is not the best choice for Macs with low capacities.
3. Google Chrome
This especially popular and fast browser is optimal for those who jump between different OS and want a user-friendly design. Several other features also make it a popular choice among users. Let’s discuss some of them.
- You can sync your browser through your Google account with all your devices
- Comes with a great span of options and customization opportunities
- Lets you add extensions from the huge library
- It is also very good at covering your security.
Anyways, you should keep in mind a few cons. Here they are.
- Google stores extreme amounts of user data and tracks them
- It has quite high resource consumption.
If we disregard the above shortcomings, then Google Chrome is undoubtedly among the best web browsers for Mac.
This open-source browser provides you with excellent security and privacy protection. Brave boasts of several essential features. We enlist the key ones out of them below.
- Adblocker, script blocking, upgrades to HTTPS, and to hide your IP address keep you safe
- Brave does not collect data and you can disable data collection through third-party services
- It comes with a wide variety of functions like “distill page” for easier reading without disturbing extraneous elements
- Conversion to PDF of any webpage on iOS
- Lets you use most Chrome extensions with it
- It is very fast on Mac.
In addition to the above features and pros, we also noticed a few cons of this browser for Mac. Here we enlist the same.
- Not very fast on iOS
- Sync is limited to bookmarks only.
On iOS it may not lead the game but is still one of the better options. On the Mac, you can use any search engine – even Tor – but on iOS, you have to choose within a limited list.
This freeware is the best browser for Mac and iOS when you have a slow internet connection. Here are a few of its features and pros.
- It saves bandwidth by compressing web pages
- Loads only relevant content
- Checks if an optimized version of a website is available before loading it
- Hosts many features you may wish for, like private browsing, a bookmarks bar, and built-in messengers
- Shields you against phishing and malware
- It comes with a free VPN for more security.
This best browser for Mac also has a few shortcomings that cannot be ignored. We share them below.
- You cannot sync your browser across devices
- Compared to other browsers it has less third-party support
- If you are a beginner, then you might find it difficult to find the extensions.
If we disregard the above downsides, then in our view, this is among the best browsers you may try for keeping your privacy intact.
Also read: Free Text Editors For Mac in 2022
Struggling with a bad system performance? This neat browser works optimized to keep it high. It encompasses a multitude of features that make this one of the best browsers for Mac. Let’s discuss them.
- You can use it on any OS as it works through a cloud
- Allows you to sync the browser settings of your devices for a cross-device browser experience
- Hosts a drag and drop option to share content with your contacts easily.
However, it also has a few downsides. We share the same below for you to take note of.
- Comes with a limited range of extensions
- A lack of open-source development might make it unattractive to some users
- You will have to manage your security on your own by downloading updates manually
- Maxthon’s antivirus is not strong enough to protect you from malware or phishing.
In our view, this is among the best browsers if the cross-device browsing experience is your topmost priority.
Especially for iOS this browser is fast, saves data by reducing websites to the essential elements, and has outstanding protecting mechanisms for security and privacy. Apart from this, many other features also instigated us to include it in our blog. Here they are.
- It streams all traffic through its servers so that malware and trackers cannot even reach your device
- Only the ad blocker for iOS is locked behind a Pro version.
However, it also has some downsides that you must know. We share them below.
- For Mac, you need to sign up for a paid subscription to use Puffin.
- This browser lacks extensions and an option for cross-device synchronization.
Thus, we recommend it for your iOS device if you do not wish to sync your browser with any other device.
This intuitive browser comes with a wide variety of features that include previews of open tabs, ad blocking before a web page is loaded for accelerated speed, and URL shortening. In addition to this, it also has some other features that delight the users. Let’s know about them.
- Roccat is available for both Mac and iOS
- Enables you to sync your settings with the Roccat Cloud
- Another amazing function is contained in the address bar: with it, you can also navigate using website hotkeys, Google searches or @ and # Twitter tags.
Like every other browser on this list, Roccat is also not free from downsides. Below are its prominent cons.
- The add-on support is limited
- It is not among the super-fast browsers.
The bottom line is, this is a decent browser for Mac if the above cons don’t seem to trouble you.
This open-source web browser for Mac is easy to use and works fast even with slow internet speed. It is compatible with most of the multiple Chrome extensions. Apart from this, it has several other offerings to please the users. We discuss them below.
- You can choose how your browser looks like with many customization options
- A Reader makes reading articles a real joy
- Tab management has plenty of great functions
- With this browser, you do not need to worry about your security and privacy as it shields you extremely well.
Talking about the downsides, we noticed a few worth-mentioning shortcomings of this Mac browser. The same are listed below.
- Sync is possible between Mac devices only as to date it is not available for iOS
- Like Chrome, it also hogs the device’s memory
- It only has three themes to choose from.
Thus, in a nutshell, we can say that this is the best browser if speed, customization, and privacy are your topmost priorities.
Browsing, email and chat all in one place. Enjoy creating your browser design with many options for customization and the included web editor helps you to build websites. Furthermore, it hosts an ocean of other features to make your browsing experience even more pleasing. Let’s have a look at them.
- Comes equipped with a cookie manager to view and delete browser cookies
- Hosts a password manager to save you from the trouble of remembering passwords
- Lets you customize the toolbar and restore the previous browsing session
- This open-source Mac browser has multiple privacy settings to keep your data safe.
A few shortcomings of this browser for Mac cannot be ignored. Let’s know about them.
- It is a little difficult to use
- Currently, there is no version available for iOS
- Security updates are not downloaded automatically.
Thus, if you choose this browser, then we recommend using an additional antivirus with it.
This open-source browser developed by Torch Media is different from the lot in more than one way. It is a freeware trusted by over 10 million users for their browsing requirements and has some of the most advanced features. Let’s talk about some of its functionalities that set it apart from the rest of the crowd.
- Allows you to share websites through social networks
- Encompasses a built-in torrent downloader
- With this browser, you can also download Instagram and Vine videos
- Its Torch Music helps you keep the YouTube videos organized
- Boasts of an intuitive interface and a plethora of customization options.
Although it is among the best browsers for Mac, still some shortcomings can’t be ignored. We share these downsides below.
- It is a bit slow in comparison to its counterparts
- Sometimes, it installs unwanted programs on your device.
Despite the above cons, we can say that this browser truly lights your web and is the best torrent downloader currently available in the marketplace.
When the talk is about the best browsers for Mac, the name of OmniWeb is bound to come. This browser made exclusively for the Mac users comes with a unique combination of features. Let’s have a glance at some of them.
- Updates bookmarks without any cumbersome efforts on your end
- The dock icon lets you know how many bookmarks are upgraded within a particular time frame
- Makes it easy for you to find previously viewed pages
- Hosts an in-built HTML editor to suit the likes of web developers
- Encompasses a multitude of other functionalities such as pop-up blockers.
No browser is completely free from downsides. The same is the case with OmniWeb. Below are its prominent shortcomings.
- It eats up a lot of RAM and system resources
- The browser works slower in comparison to the other similar browsers.
After weighing the features, pros, and cons of this best Mac browser, we find it worth trying for its stunning UI and the huge catalog of features.
This entrant on our list is an offering from Russia’s biggest tech company that employs state of the art technology in its products. At first instance, the look and feel of this one of the best browsers for Mac seem similar to Google Chrome. In addition to a minimalistic UI, it also encompasses several other noteworthy features. We share the same below.
- The turbo technology optimizes sluggish webpages and makes them load faster
- Comes with an in-built blocker for malicious websites to shield your passwords and other sensitive information
- Its DNSCrypt technology hides your IP address and prevents third parties from tracking your location.
It is no doubt a feature-rich browser, but we cannot ignore a few of its downsides. Here we talk about them.
- The browser does not support any extensions
- It might not work perfectly for the users located outside Russia.
We would recommend Yandex if you need a Chromium-based browser specifically for search and email requirements.
Here comes another lightweight but powerful browser for Mac. This Chrome inspired browser markets itself as a multi-processor, i.e., a browser that processes multiple tabs at once without hampering your browsing experience. Apart from this, it also encompasses a multitude of other features that induced us to include it on our list. We talk about the same below.
- Simultaneously processes multiple tabs in a way that does not affect the browsing experience
- Hosts an easy to use interface that is perfect for the novice users
- Unlike Safari, it does not trouble you with the annoying pop-up notification when you use the Private Mode
- It is among the fastest browsers for Mac on this list.
Despite the best efforts from developers of this best Mac browser, a few downsides have crept in. Here we share them.
- There is no functionality to restore sessions
- It does not have many customization options
- Resuming the last browsing session is not possible with this browser
- Only a few bookmarks are allowed.
The final verdict is, get Stainless if you want an easy-to-use browser with seamless multiple tab processing.
We know better what we want and like. Hence, we, individually, can be a better judge of which one of the above-listed best web browsers for Mac & iOS devices floats your boat. Download and use the browser of your choice and get the ease of surfing the internet in a better way that has never been seen before.