Despite their immense power, gaming PCs need to be handled with care. To give your PC the extra attention it needs with some of the best antiviruses for gaming pcs, read this.
Video gameplay has changed significantly during the past two decades. People back then would simply play video games for fun or to pass the time. Now, it means something altogether different. Even amateur gamers are now starting to pursue careers. It has evolved into a brand-new career. After noticing this pattern, PC makers have begun creating computers that are only used for gaming.
These computers, or gaming computers, have powerful configurations. To preserve their functionality, you need the best antivirus for gaming pcs. This article includes a list of antivirus programs created especially for gamers and their PCs.
Let’s check out some of the best antivirus software for gamers without further ado. All of these antivirus software guarantees to improve your gaming PC’s performance.
How we Picked the Best Antivirus for Gaming PC in 2023
Before proceeding to some best gaming PC antivirus, we would like to tell you that we have hand-picked all of them. We have tried numerous antiviruses on a gaming PC. And here are the ones that qualified as the best antivirus for gaming PC.
1. Bitdefender Total Security
Bitdefender Total Security is a robust antivirus software for Windows PCs. You can even use this best antivirus for gaming laptops and PCs on multiple devices. Let’s discuss some more features of Bitdefender Total Security that make it so popular among gamers.
Features Bitdefender Total Security
- This best antivirus software for gaming PC is also compatible with many other platforms including, Android, iOS, Mac, etc.
- The database is quite vast compared to other antivirus software.
- It offers quite diversified ransomware protection.
- Bitdefender also offers a feature to detect and update outdated software and Windows.
- The software also comes with an Autopilot mode. Hence, you do not need to do much after installing it.
Along with the features, we should also consider the notable pros and cons of Bitdefender Total Security before installing it.
- Enhances the battery life of your gaming laptop.
- Lets you browse the web without being traced.
- Quite affordable compared to other premium antivirus programs.
- Do not provide many features in the free version.
- Lacks many advanced features.
2. McAfee Gamer Security
Here comes a famous name in the security software industry. McAfee is a leading antivirus software company. It also provides an efficient antivirus for gaming PCs. The name of the antivirus is McAfee Gamer Security. Below are the detailed features of this one of the best antivirus options for gamers.
Features of McAfee Gamer Security
- The antivirus software is solely dedicated to gaming and offers a separate game booster.
- The software can efficiently deal with any kind of disturbances and issues that can hinder your gaming experience.
- It mutes all the notifications and streamlines your PC solely for gaming when you play games.
- McAfee Gamer Security allows you to keep a real-time watchful eye on the performance of your PC.
Along with the features, you must know the positive and negative sides of McAfee Gamer Security. So, here we have mentioned them.
- Quite pocket-friendly gaming antivirus.
- Enhances the gaming performance of the PC for real.
- Providing an exceptional gaming experience is the first priority.
- It does not focus much on the security aspect of your PC.
3. Kaspersky Anti-virus
Kaspersky Anti-virus is a feature-packed anti-malware software for Windows. The software is quite big and multi-dimensional. Hence it is best for heavy-configuration PCs such as gaming PCs. Let’s have a look at the features of this best antivirus for gaming performance.
Features of Kaspersky Anti-virus
- Kaspersky Anti-virus accompanies an effective Firewall.
- Not just for gamers, it is beneficial for parents as well. You can get a parental control feature in this best antivirus for gaming PC.
- You can keep your privacy safe with its multiple features such as a VPN changer, Dark Web detector, etc.
- It also lets you optimize your PC. Hence, you can easily enhance the gaming performance of your device with this antivirus.
We always look for the positive and negative sides of a product before using it. Hence, let’s check the pros and cons of Kaspersky Anti-virus as well.
- It allows you to choose from a lot of features.
- Provides advanced malware protection.
- Relatively expensive as compared to other alternatives.
- Occupies RAM space more than most of the other antiviruses.
Also know: Best Free VPNs for Gaming
4. Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Free Antivirus is another anti-malware software that we consider as one of the best antiviruses for gaming PC. As the name suggests the software is free to use and offers some great features. Below are some salient features of Avira Free Antivirus.
Features of Avira
- The software offers a lot of customizable features. You can set most of the features as per your requirements.
- You can decide which type of scan you want to run on your PC using Avira. It offers a couple of scanning options.
- It can detect and remove the potentially unwanted programs installed on your PC.
- You can be anonymous on the web using the browser tracking blocker feature of this antivirus software.
Here are some of the pros and cons of the software that we have observed while using it on our PC.
- One of the best advantages of Avira is that it is entirely free and offers quite decent functionality.
- The antivirus software is compact and hence does not hinder your PC’s performance.
- If you are online, then it offers real-time updates and malware protection.
- It is not as powerful as compared to other options mentioned on this list.
5. Webroot SecureAnywhere
If you do not want the antivirus to use much RAM on your gaming PC, then you can opt for the Webroot SecureAnywhere antivirus. The antivirus offers quite decent protection and performance optimization features. Here we have listed them below.
Features of Webroot SecureAnywhere
- The most prominent feature of Webroot SecureAnywhere is its minimum RAM utilization.
- It comes with a system optimizer.
- The software also provides your system with webcam protection so that hackers can not hack your webcam.
- The antivirus even provides a network protection feature to safeguard your PC.
We have also examined the pros and cons of Webroot SecureAnywhere. You can find them below.
- It has a cloud-based database. Hence, the software gets regularly updated when you stay online.
- Webroot SecureAnywhere does not hamper your system performance. It even enhances the performance of your PC, unlike many other antivirus software.
- You have to pay less for this software as compared to its substitutes.
- It does not have a powerful security system.
- You have to stay online as it works on a cloud-based database. Hence, if you are looking to download the best free offline antivirus for a PC, then we recommend you avoid it.
Wrapping Up the Best Antiviruses For Gaming PC
These are some of the best antiviruses for gaming PCs, according to a rigorous investigation. Therefore, take into account all of the criteria we have given before choosing an antivirus for your PC. We sincerely hope that the aforementioned guidance has assisted you in choosing a suitable antivirus for your gaming PC. Each of the aforementioned antivirus programs can provide essential security and improve your PC’s ability to play games.
Please let us know if you would want us to include any additional programs to our list of the best antiviruses for improving gaming performance.